24 JUNE – THE GERHARD NEL MEMORIAL – WATUNI BERG MARATHON TRAINING RACE ON VAAL RIVER
The Gerhard Nel Memorial race will be held on the 24th of June, and it’s going to be a great training session for the marathon training paddlers, and especially for the guys going to the Berg. (Approximately a 26 km race.)
Race Start: 09h00, Caravan Park, Meyerton
Race Finish: NWU Vaal Campus, Vanderbijlpark
There are two portages, Train Bridge, and then a new one just before Dick Fourie sport stadium. The tree block was too large to clear away, so it is a compulsory portage on river left. Really a short and easy portage, so there shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
As always, there will be food and beverages for sale at the end.
Prize giving will be held at 12h00.
There will be a School League race at NWU Vaal Campus. They have their own times and rules and registration is done through their database and newsletters as usual.
ENTRIES FOR THE GERHARD NEL RACE HOSTED BY WATUNI, WILL BE THROUGH THE NEW CSA SYSTEM – HERE:
- Go to www.canoesa.co.za
- Login using your CSA number and password/ID number
- Go to enter event
- Click on online entry
- Select the event, race and class
- Enter paddler number (CSA number)
- Click on add entry
- Click on enter race
- Click on checkout
- This will take you to the payment page
- All sorted!
VERY VERY IMPORTANT:
- If you don’t pay or send them proof of payment, they won’t let you enter
- If you are not registered or proficient, they will not let you enter the race
- No exceptions!