VKB Liebebergsvlei Canoe Marathon
16th & 17th September
Accommodation and camping available on Zorgvliet Farm at the overnight stop. Please contact Ancois Ramage at email@example.com for details and bookings.
Other accommodation options in the area:
- Poelanies Guest House, Reitz (www.poelanies.co.za)
- BassFeather Country Lodge, Reitz (www.bassfeather.com)
- De Hoek Guest House, Frankfort
- Lourenza Wildlife Reserve, Frankfort
- Victorian Manor Guest House, Frankfort (www.victorianmanor.co.za
- Siesta Guest House, Frankfort (www.siestaguesthouse.co.za)
- Lions Rest Country Estate (www.lions-rest.co.za)
- Kasteelkop Guest House, Frankfort
- De Swartskaap Gasteplaas (www.facebook.com/deswartskaap/)
- White water rafting for paddlers, seconds and supporters – Outrageous Adventures from Clarens will be offering White Water rafting on the 5km stretch from Tweeling bridge to Zorgvliet Farm after Day One.
- Marquee at the finish on Day One with food & drinks on sale
- DJ Hein and his mobile beats…
- Party at Skipskop Bar in Tweeling (shuttles available from Zorgvliet farm)
- Start day 1: Reitz water works (Google maps or -27.691806, 28.377000)
- Broken bridge rapid turn-off (Google maps or -27.676006, 28.496750)
- Broken bridge rapid (Google maps or -27.633544, 28.432282)
- Tweeling Bridge Rapid (Google maps or -27.530979, 28.475844)
- Finish day 1: Zorgvliet farm (Google maps or -27.507707, 28.484014)
- Start day 2: Bruinswick Farm (Google maps or -27.473754, 28.525331)
- Finish day 2: O’Gala Pub & Restaurant (Google maps or -27.276645, 28.489351)
- VKB Landbou are proud sponsors of the 2017 Liebenbergsvlei Canoe Marathon, they are a modern, dynamic and leading agricultural enterprise that have, since their establishment almost a century ago, constantly focused on progressively managing solutions for the changing and various needs of agricultural producers and related stakeholders.Three VKB brands including Grainfield Chickens, Super Sure Bakery & Magnifisan Maize Meal will supply a top class meal to all the paddlers after day 1! Take note of their presence when driving to the race in the Eastern Free State region!
- Standard Bank
- Grainfield Chickens – Grain Field Chickens forms part of VKB Agriculture Ltd, a well-established agricultural company that has been involved in the grain storage business for nearly a century. Grain Field Chickens is home grown in the heart of South Africa’s grain fields in Reitz in the Free State. We believe that every South African has the right to great quality chicken… we live by our vision: “To be recognised as the preferred poultry household brand in South Africa”. Quality, reliability and old fashioned farm values is what Grain Field Chickens stand for. Add to this the focus to do things right with the necessary attention to detail and you have a recipe for a quality product and a great service delivery.
- Super-Sure – VKB Flour Mills have been producing Cake and Bread flour for the past seventeen years and during this time have acquired five bakeries. The mill is situated in Frankfort in the North Eastern Free State Province, whilst the bakeries are scattered over various provinces. The mill has a capacity to produce 12 500 tons per month and the bakeries combined can produce 4 000 000 loaves. We produce Cake and Bread Flour, Bran, Bread and confectionary. These products are sold through the following sectors – Retail, Wholesale, Industrial, Corporate Chain Stores and informal sectors. The quality of our flour is endorsed by the fact that we pack some of the corporates house brands and special flour to some major franchise holders. The established brand for flour and bread is Super Sure. The brand has been in the market since 1999 in relation to flour and bread followed about two years later. The brand was developed and launched in Frankfort and Super-Sure products are now sold in six provinces.
- Magnifisan Maize Meal – Magnifisan is synonymous with exceptional quality and has a rich history of supplying exceptional quality maize meal to many households. The well-known brand is manufactured in Limpopo and Mpumalanga (Mokopane, Louis Trichardt, Thohoyandou and Lydenburg). Magnifisan is distributed and sold to various customers in different provinces. Magnifisan is also sold through our 25 M Factory Food Shops which are extensions of our mills. Customer services is one of the cornerstones of this entity and we strive to ensure that customers get professional and exceptional service, from our experienced team. Be on the lookout for Magnifisan in the orange bag!