PARYS RIVER RACE PROPOSED 14 JANUARY 2017
The Vaal Parys Dusi type race is scheduled to take place this weekend. Water releases are always a problem but this year we have a different scenario?
They did a water dump yesterday and released 223cumecs.(80cumecs and under
is safe to hold the race on!)
This was done in anticipation of more rain this week. Gavin Steyl will try and see if they can hold back on the next water dump until the race is done. Unfortunately there are no guarantees,
but as thing stand we are holding the event. By Thursday morning we will know for certain, so the race might be called off if there is too much water.
* Saturday 14 January 2017
* It will be a one day race only
* Start at Smiling Thru
* Start time will be 8am
* Batch starts
* Finish at Hadeda Creek(This venue has bar and food facilities and is great
* K1 Race but K2’s and K3’s welcome
* Distances will be approx. 27kms paddling and two portages of aprrox.
1.5kms and 4 kms?
* THE WATER ON THE VAAL IS CLEAN AND DOES NOT HAVE HIGH LEVELS OF ECOLI, SO
CHANCES OF GETTING SICK ARE VERY REMOTE!
THERE WILL BE A PADDLE ONLY RACE AS WELL. ALL PADDLERS DOING THIS RACE WILL
START IN THERE OWN BATCH?
I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON GPKAYAK SO LOOK OUT FOR MORE BULLETINS.
HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OUT THERE. It would be great to get over 100 entries?
Set Kayaks & Composites